Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stephen Shore Week 2

Stephen Shore
http://champagneandheels.com/art/stephen-shore-in-aspen/
I believe this is a very successful photograph that also screams SHORE! I say this because he has a very distinct range of tones and hues, possibly due to the film but at any rate very distinct. Something i find very intriguing is the fact that there are very minimal objects in this picture and yet it is composed to its full potential. It is a very good example of how you do not need a very cluttered frame to produce something interesting. I also appreciate the relationship of the gap between the truck and the white pole, as well as the two poles to the sign.

Stephen Shore
http://jmcolberg.com/weblog/extended/archives/a_conversation_with_stephen_shore/
This is one of my favorite Shore photographs. Reason being, it has a great sense of a hotel or guest room. I would assume hotel just because of the mount for the T.V. and the glass over the desk. It is amazing to me that Shore has captured such a photograph with the tonal range of the room being spot on and the window blown out just enough. You cannot see outside and it is just barely extruding onto the trim of the window. The addition of the feet with the shoes on the bed also relates to the idea of a hotel; someone there but ready to leave at any moment, with the suitcase unlatched but not open. 

Stephen Shore
http://modernartobsession.blogs.com/modern_art_obsession/2005/12/stephen_shore_a.html 
This I would have to say does not seem like a very interesting image. Yes, the colors could be interesting in the sense that he utilizes the main colors on the color wheel but other than that it appears to me as a snap shot. Or in better words a documentation. It almost reminds me of a picture that a college student would take to show there fridge after they realized you're not supposed to unplug it and keep the doors closed over winter-break. So maybe it is more the idea behind the photograph than the actual photograph that bothers me. Although it still does not show the essence I can see in most other photographs that Shore has produced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment