Friday, January 20, 2012

Week 1 Color Photo

Richard Misrach
http://artjetset.com/2010/01/15/richard-misrach-at-pacewildenstein-2/
I was intrigued by this image due to the fact that I have never seen something like it before. When I first saw it seemed as if there were huge salt deposits in the dessert crystallizing to from these structures. But as  I read into it it is actually Misrach's style of using a digital negative or at least parts to create such an image. It made me ask several questions as well as jogged my mind which makes this photograph very successful in my opinion.

Tim Davis
http://nicolettalollibestphotographers.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/©-tim-davis/
I thought this photograph was quite interesting and it also fit in with the assignment this week. The very neutral hues surrounding this pinnacle of color. Another thing that adds to this photograph is the warped form of a very recognizable subject matter; McDonalds. Davis may have a deeper meaning behind this photo as well, our societies engrossing taste for this fast food and the effects it has on ourselves as well as our community. This overly projected business that is contained by a decaying or not as well maintained house. The composition is also very strong letting the eye immediately go to the color and shift around the subtle hues around it.

Len Jenshel
http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/enlarge/staircase-escalante-building_pod_image.html
This photograph is also very amazing. It makes me want to be there, to touch the building and experience all this environment has to offer. Maybe its because 1. I love National Geographic or 2. I love the outdoors and can't wait to travel. But at any rate the way that Jenshel makes the building pop from a very similar hue'd background is excellent. He also has a a great contrast of blacks as well as white tones. The color in this the texture is also very intriguing to me, and its very surprising that it wasn't picked for the assignment he shot for.

No comments:

Post a Comment