Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 3 Blog

Alfred Stieglitz
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/stgp/hd_stgp.htm
This photograph just reminds me of Batman/Gotham City. Usually I am not fond of a lot of noise in an image but it works for this one. It adds texture and a luminescent feeling around the two lights on the closer building. Stieglitz also captures a high sense of depth of field. I suppose I am getting a "Batman" feeling from the this image because of all of the building tops and mystery it portrays. An overall well composed image with a great tonal range.

Jerry Uelsmann
http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/6aa/6aa342.htm
Jerry Uelsmann is a master of the Darkroom and someone I look up to. His images are one of a kind and are unmistakably his. The way he can make a picture so believable is insane. Not only is the figure in this image accepted by my eye but it captivates it. The light on her body seems to be exactly of that of the background. Not only does he add the figure but he adds the reflection, this is what sells the photograph and makes it so intriguing to me. The reflection is also distorted and blurred to appear as if it was actually there. All in all he has great craftsmanship and an eye/brain for believable unbelievable images.


*dans'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dans180/178435614/sizes/o/
I picked this last one because lately i have been shooting a lot of long exposure photographs, and seeing this made me ask even more questions on how I can make my long exposure's my own. My assumption would be that he had the long exposure on the buildings/cityscape. After leaving the shutter open a good while I'm thinking the photographer either zoomed in or out to get the streak effect shown. The composition is there, the color is very vivid and creates a focal point and it just stands out from the bunch which seems to be a common trend for me lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment